Monday, January 24, 2011

Feelin' Good

Hi everyone!

I have be doing a lot of research these past few weeks on Medical Schools and finalized my top 10 that I will consider. No sooner than I did that, I spoke with the doctor I'm assisting with research at the hospital and he told me about the Medical School he went to. He went to St. George's University in Grenada. Being from the Caribbean and all, you would think that a school close to home would have made the top 10, but it didn't even cross my mind. To be honest, I've been a little skeptical about Caribbean School just because of the stereotype placed on them here in the US.
He told me great things about the school and told me he enjoyed the experience.
I couldn't wait to get home to do my own research.
To my surprise, this school has "MEEKAH" all over it. It's on a beautiful small island; the campus is breath taking.

I've even had dreams about attending this school!

My biggest concern would be my limitations. I don't want to be limited to where or what I can practice. I've read a few forums that say SGUSOM is recognized in the US, but I just want to be sure.

Words cannot describe how excited I am right now :)

I take the MCAT in April, so I will get all of my LOR and paperwork in before the year ends to be considered for August 2012. I'm just a tad bit early ;) Oh well !

No comments:

Post a Comment